June 28th, 2021
Happy Summer everyone! We hope your summer has been going well. It has been such a joy to see over 575 youth in our Clubs this summer (an all-time record!) having a blast while also learning a ton.
We have a few important updates for parents/guardians to be aware of heading into July.
- Due to the shifting climate regarding CDC guidelines and COVID recommendations, face masks are now encouraged but optional at all Boys & Girls Clubs of South Central Tennessee Club sites. Face masks may still be required at select offsite field trips by third parties. Parents/guardians will be notified of any such requirements in advance, and disposable masks are available at all Club sites.
Safety is and always has been our number one priority, and we will continue to do health screens and contact-less enrollment for the foreseeable future. Please continue to stay home if your child or anyone in your household is exhibiting signs of COVID-19 or other communicable diseases. BGCSCTN continues to monitor all CDC and TDOH recommendations, and this policy is subject to change in the future if the number of cases in our area increases and results in revised guidelines.
2. The final day of service for summer at all locations will be July 23rd, 2021. We will be closed the week of July 26th-30th, so please be sure to make the appropriate arrangements. During this week the school district uses the space we typically have inside school buildings to prepare for the fall semester, and many of our staff who also work for schools resume their daytime positions. Our staff will take this opportunity to participate in professional development and cleaning and restocking of Club sites to ensure the highest level of service for your children heading into the fall.
3. Enrollment for the Fall will open soon. We anticipate having applications ready to complete by mid-July. Please be sure to complete the enrollment form as soon as possible, once it becomes available. Based on the record number of youth enrolled this summer, demand for the Fall program is expected to be at an all-time high and capacity is limited at many locations.
We want to ensure all Club families receive important and timely communications from our Club. Please, if you haven’t already:
- Follow us on Facebook for regular updates, including the announcement of 2021/22 enrollment opening.
- Important updates and the electronic application will also be posted to our website.
- Please also be sure to accept the Remind app invitations from your child’s Club/Area Director in order to receive text message updates of important Club information and reminders.
- Add your child’s Club/Area Director’s email address to your safe senders list in your email provider to ensure emails do not go to your Junk folder.
- Notify the staff at your child’s site immediately if there are any changes to your email address or cell phone number.
If you have any questions about any of this information, please do not hesitate to contact me or your child’s Club/Area Director.
As always, thank you for trusting us to care for your children.
Chief Operations Officer